THRIVEU ONLINE LEARNING SESSIONS NOW AVAILABLE!
ThriveU is a unique professional development program for all supervisors in Administration & Finance. This program taps into your existing knowledge and grows the skills and strategies needed to be a best-in-class supervisor.
Every supervisor, as well as many front-line staff, contributed to the development of ThriveU – it is a “by Maryland” and “for Maryland” program. ThriveU provides practical, hands-on, workplace based resources to help you be an even more effective supervisor at the University of Maryland.
Lead with Strengths: We lead from our strengths and develop the strengths of those we manage. We value an environment of trust and openness.
Communicate with Clarity: We engage in ongoing, regular, two-way feedback conversations, and appreciation and recognition are embedded in our work.
Build Thriving Environments: Our actions model inclusion and our people know they matter. Mentoring and coaching empowers our teams to succeed.
ThriveU Online Sessions
ThriveU includes 8 sessions that will take place using the Zoom platform. Here is how ThriveU Online will look:
- Each session will be two hours and will take a short break in the middle.
- We will begin each session at 8:30am on Thursday mornings.
- We will be meeting via Zoom and using video, audio and Zoom tools to communicate with each other.
- We will be using our ThriveU binders. If you are able, please have them available during our sessions.
- We will be sending a Zoom link and handouts by email the say before each session.
- We will maintain key ThriveU elements including:
- Highly interactive and discussion-rich sessions
- Breakout groups
- Individual thinking and writing
- Applying what we learn to your work
To participate in ThriveU online, you will need access to a tablet, laptop or desktop computer that has audio and video capabilities. If you do not have acess to a device with these capabilities, please email email@example.com and we will arrange one for you.
We encourage your to register for all of your incomplete sessions ASAP. Please note that not all sessions are offered multiple times - some sessions are only offered once.
General enrollment sessions are offered at not cost to Administration & Finance supervisors.
Sign Up Here FAQs Sessions and Content