During the month of September, the Office of Emergency Management is promoting various ways to be prepared for emergencies, both expected and unexpected. The Division of Administration and Finance encourages the entire UMD community to know your resources and be prepared!
Quick Tips for Individuals & Departments:
1. Sign up for UMD Alerts, a mass, urgent notification system for the campus community.
2. Follow @PreparednessUMD on Twitter for the latest information and campus alerts.
3. Bookmark the Office of Emergency Management Website on your browser for future reference.
4. Be able to identify potential hazards and the protective actions you can take to mitigate them.
5. Make plans and practice them. Departments and Units should develop a Department Emergency Operations Plan.
6. Build and customize emergency kits for your workplace, home, and car.
For more information about emergency preparedness, check out the resources below.