EDI: Foundations of Excellence is a six-course program for University staff (non-supervisors) to help them improve their skills and advance their careers. This is the first program from UHR’s new initiative, titled Employee Development Initiatives (EDI). EDI is similar to LDI: Leadership Development Initiatives in that they both encourage growth and skill development in University employees. However, the EDI series will take a slightly different approach by removing the leadership-specific focus, opening up this opportunity to a wider audience.
Some of the benefits participants will experience include:
• High-trust relationships with supervisors, coworkers, friends, and family
• Ability to resolve conflicts and reduce stress
• Better time management, planning and organization skills
• Higher job satisfaction
• A path for growth and development
EDI session topics include:
• Creating an Engaged and Inclusive Work Environment
• Effective Communication Skills
• Conflict Resolution Skills
• Extraordinary Customer Service
• Maximizing Productivity
• Exceed Expectations & Grow Your Career
All courses are held from 9:00am - 12:30pm and will be held at the University Golf Course. Each course costs $50, and all you need to register is a KFS number.
If you’re interested in participating in this initiative, register for upcoming dates at www.training.umd.edu. UHR looks forward to maximizing your strengths as a University of Maryland employee!